Pet Odor and Stain
Pet Urine Odor and Stain Removal Specialists
We perform a FREE High Intensity UV light inspection on every job.
Pet urine can cause damage to your floors and fabrics permanently. It also creates an unhealthy indoor environment for you and your family.
When urine is deposited onto a floor or fabric, it has a acidic pH of about 5 to 6. It’s easier to remove right then when it is fresh. Once urine dries it turns “alkaline” or to a high 10 to 12 pH and becomes more difficult to remove. The warm acid state of the urine offers a perfect breeding ground for bacteria to flourish almost immediately. In this original acid pH state the urine begins to oxidize and react with the carpet dye to create a color change, which can become permanent if is not removed immediately. Some of the color change can be attributed to the strong ammonia that begins to form as the urine passes through bacterial and chemical changes. If left for days, weeks, even months depending on the type pet and pile or floor type, it will change the pile dye structure, causing permanent stains. Even if the soluble deposits are thoroughly removed, the damage to the piles dye structure may already be done.
There are two sources of odors associated with pet urine. The first source comes from the bacteria that grow abundantly in dark warm carpet pad with a never-ending food source. A pet can feed the bacteria daily! The complex organic compounds will often work deep into the carpet fibers to a point of becoming part of the fiber. This can present a challenging situation for a professional. The gases and the waste material from the decomposing urine can create a a very unpleasant odor and can be harmful to the people and pets exposed to them. When dried urine becomes remoistened, it gives off ammonia gases. Once smelled it is seldom forgotten.